We are Patterns In The Cloud, creators of WC Autoship for WooCommerce. Our team is proud to continually develop and support every customer so that your store can focus on getting the most out of Autoship.
Free Plugin Support & Updates
Your download of WC Autoship for WooCommerce comes with email & forum support and access to updates for 1 year.
Paid Support & Services
Want us to setup & test for you? Integration? Customization? Check out our available Autoship Services.
Basic Support and Updates
What’s Included for 1 Year With Your Plugin Purchase
Regular License vs. Extended License
The benefits of basic support and access to updates included with your plugin purchase are the same for both Regular and Extended License purchases.
The difference between the 2 types of license is that only an Extended License can be sold and transferred to another licensee. This means that if you are including Auto-Ship as part of an end work (website or service) for sale to a client, then you will need an extended license. When an extended license is purchased, we follow up directly with the licensee to verify and send them the license documents necessary to transfer the license.
Regular licenses require no further documentation as they should only be purchased by the owner of the website that intends to install the plugin and will not need to be transferred.
Email and Forum Support
WC Auto-Ship has been installed successfully on many WooCommerce stores and themes, so chances are good that if you were able to setup WooCommerce successfully, then you will be able to install and setup WC Auto-Ship as well.
- Contact our helpful support with your question or issue
- Most issues regarding proper setup or configuration can be addressed
- Get a response within 1 business day (most responses within just a few hours)
- Access to our Support Forums
Access to Plugin Updates
- New features added nearly every month
- Update Autoship plugins via WordPress
- Check out the “Changelog” on each download page for more details
Can I Hire Someone To Set Autoship Up For Me?
We have started offering paid services for store owners who would like the option to hire us to setup Autoship for them and also for custom development. You can find out more about the services we offer here: Autoship Services
What If I Decide It’s Not A Fit? Can I Get A Refund?
Yes. Simply contact us within 30 days of your purchase. A full refund will be made and your license will then be deactivated. You can re-purchase that license later with the same account should you change your mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
and the answers to them as well 😉
What Exactly Is An “Auto-Ship”?
“Auto-Ship” is short for Automatic Shipment.
What WC Auto-Ship does is enable this for retailers and wholesalers using WooCommerce.
How is an “Auto-Ship” different from a “Subscription”?
While you can certainly call Auto-Ship a “Subscription”, we like to say that Auto-Ship creates more possibilities for recurring orders than the traditional “subscription plan” model.
Subscription plans tend to only manage a simple recurring sale for a set amount.
For example, think about buying a subscription plan for pet food online:
- Purchase a monthly subscription for a 10 pound bag of dog food and checkout.
- The food arrives every month until you cancel your subscription.
- Want to change the subscription to a 5 pound bag? You’ll need to cancel your old plan and buy a new subscription plan.
- Want to change the subscription to ship every 2 months? Cancel and opt-in to a new subscription plan.
- Want to purchase a single product from within the subscription plan? This isn’t always possible to do since the subscription plan is, itself, a product for sale.
Compare that to how you can buy pet food on Auto-Ship:
- Purchase a 10 pound bag of dog food and select to add it to a monthly Auto-Ship.
- The food arrives every month (just like a subscription).
- Want to change the shipment to a 5 pound bag? Log in to My Account, change the quantity and save.
- Want to change the shipment date to every 2 months? Log in, change the frequency and save.
- Want to just purchase the same product as a one-off without Auto-Ship? No problem.
Is Auto-Ship better than Subscriptions?
They are both useful and valuable recurring order solutions, however 1 will fit your marketing better than the other.
- Auto-Ship is better at managing a recurring order without forcing a subscription “plan” and is therefore more flexible because it enables recurring orders without the need to create or sell plans.
- Traditional Subscriptions are better for selling “plans”.
Can I Download a Trial Version?
Yes! We now offer a free trial version of WC Auto-Ship. You can install it and preview all functionality and settings of the paid version. The trial version is not able to process Auto-Ship orders, but if you decide to purchase Auto-Ship, your settings and information will remain so you don’t lose any progress you made using the trial version.
What If I Have Trouble Setting Up the Plugin?
Please get in touch with us for support so that we can help you troubleshoot. WC Auto-Ship has been installed successfully on many WooCommerce stores and themes, so chances are good that it will work for you right away if your store is already up and running.
Optionally, if you want to hire us to install, test and launch Auto-Ship on your WooCommerce store, you can now purchase this as an Autoship Service.
What If I Decide It’s Not A Fit? Can I Get A Refund?
Yes. Simply contact us within 30 days of your purchase. A full refund will be made and your license will then be deactivated. You can purchase a renewal for that license later with the same account should you change your mind.
Why aren’t there any Auto-Ship options on my product pages?
WC Auto-Ship will automatically disable itself in the case of a misconfigured setting. Make sure that there are no WC Auto-Ship warnings or error messages in the alerts section of your admin dashboard. Common errors that can disable WC Auto-Ship are:
- Invalid WooCommerce version – Currently requires WooCommerce 2.2.8 or greater
- Theme incompatibility – The theme must be explicitly compatible with WooCommerce
- Invalid payment gateways – Only WC Auto-Ship payment gateways may be enabled for Auto-Ship
- Disabled Auto-Ship options – One or more Auto-Ship options must be enabled
Why are payments failing with WC Auto-Ship PayPal Payments?
Billing Agreements must be enabled on your PayPal account to use WC Autoship PayPal Payments. Typically, you must contact PayPal customer support to enable Billing Agreements.
Why are payments failing with WC Auto-Ship Payflow Payments?
- Reference Transactions must be enabled on your Payflow Pro account.
- In sandbox mode, Fraud Protection Service must be disabled on your Payflow Pro account to process test credit cards.
Why is my theme not compatible with WooCommerce?
- See the official documentation for Third-party Custom Theme Compatibility.
Need Help? Contact Us
For pre-sale questions or quick help troubleshooting your WC Auto-Ship site, please send us a contact form.
For troubleshooting, please include the following information:
- URL to your WC Auto-Ship site
- WooCommerce version
- Name of your current theme and version
- WC Auto-Ship version
- Administrator credentials for your WordPress site